If you are interested in the cultural life of the city, you will find that Colombia 's capital has much to offer. The city boasts 58 museums, 62 art galleries, 45 theatres, 40 cinemas, 161 national monuments, and 75 parks for sports and entertainment. Among the museums, you will find that the Museo del Oro (Gold Museum) and the Museo Nacional (National Museum) are a "must" for any visitor. Last not least, many of the city's 33 libraries are architectonic marvels, notably El Tintinal , Virgilio Barco , El Tunal , and the Luis Angel Arango.
Did you come to see colonial architecture? Hence, visit the old city, La Candelaria.
Or do you rather like festivals?
- the largest Theatre Festival of Latin America.
- the biggest Rock Festival of the continent.
Or would you prefer to spend some quiet time away from the big city?
Very close to Bogotá, you will find lovely villages like Chia, Cajica, Suesca, or (if you like trekking) Zipaquira...
And a great accomodation in Bogotá, is the bed and breakfast Campobello.
Fortunately, there is Campobello, a friendly, nice, quiet and comfortable Bed and Breakfast, offering a swimming pool and home cooking - just as in Popayán:
- English, French, Italian, Spanish.
- Internet -Wi-Fi), Library, International T.V., Money Exchange.
- Luggage storage.
- Laundry service.
- Dinner and lunch is also possible.
- Snack Bar.
- Owners: a couple, Swiss man and Colombian woman.
- In a quiet district, near a Transmilenio bus station.